Ever considered weight-loss surgery? Wondered if it’s right for you? Come find out at one of our FREE Meet the Surgeon sessions. We invite you and your support person to come learn about our Bariatric Surgery program, our recent accreditation from the American College of Surgeons for safety and success rates, and the procedures we offer directly from one of our board-certified Bariatric surgeons. It’s a comfortable environment, where your questions are always welcome. We hope to see you there! Registration is required.
Evening sessions, 6 – 7:30 pm
SMH Bariatrics Program Highlights
- Personal approach: Sarasota Memorial’s bariatrics team tailors each patient’s treatment plan to fit their unique needs, goals and lifestyle.
- Full-service program with continued support: The Bariatric and Metabolic Health Center offers comprehensive weight-loss services that include non-surgical and surgical solutions.
- Minimally invasive surgery: Many procedures are accomplished using da Vinci-assisted robotic surgery or laparoscopic surgery, which allow for less invasive procedures with shorter recovery times.
- Board certified: All SMH bariatric surgeons are board certified in general surgery.
- Experience: 830+ procedures
- Four types of surgical procedures: We offer the three most popular bariatric surgery procedures for treating obesity — Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Adjustable Gastric Band — as well as revisional surgery.
- SMH’s results exceed national averages: Sarasota Memorial patients report dramatic improvements in their obesity-related health conditions (comorbidities), results that beat national averages* in the major comorbidity categories: sleep apnea, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), hyperlipidemia, hypertension and diabetes.
- Our patients achieve after 1 year: Excess weight loss via gastric bypass (72%), success in staying on-goal (87.6%)