When Del gave birth to a baby boy, she made a vow that she would lose weight and live
for her son. And when he was 5 years old, she underwent surgery with the Sarasota Memorial Bariatric and Metabolic Health Center. Two years later, she has a confidence she never knew before and more than enough energy to keep up with the rambunctious 7 year old that inspired her to reclaim her life—and to be an inspiration herself.
Ever considered weight-loss surgery? Wondering if it’s right for you? Check out our virtual “Meet the Surgeon” seminar to learn about Sarasota Memorial’s Bariatric Surgery program, its recent accreditation from the American College of Surgeons for safety and success rates, and the procedures we offer.
While we have temporarily canceled our in-person Meet the Surgeon events, you can still learn all about the program through a pre-recorded video hosted by one of our board-certified Bariatric surgeons. All you have to do is register for the online seminar, and we’ll send you link to access the video. You can watch it at any time, from any device.
Call 941-917-4753 to register today.
SMH Bariatrics Program Highlights
- Personal approach: Sarasota Memorial’s bariatrics team tailors each patient’s treatment plan to fit their unique needs, goals and lifestyle.
- Full-service program with continued support: The Bariatric and Metabolic Health Center offers comprehensive weight-loss services that include non-surgical and surgical solutions.
- Minimally invasive surgery: Many procedures are accomplished using da Vinci-assisted robotic surgery or laparoscopic surgery, which allow for less invasive procedures with shorter recovery times.
- Board certified: All SMH bariatric surgeons are board certified in general surgery.
- Experience: 830+ procedures
- Four types of surgical procedures: We offer the three most popular bariatric surgery procedures for treating obesity — Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Adjustable Gastric Band — as well as revisional surgery.
- SMH’s results exceed national averages: Sarasota Memorial patients report dramatic improvements in their obesity-related health conditions (comorbidities), results that beat national averages* in the major comorbidity categories: sleep apnea, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), hyperlipidemia, hypertension and diabetes.
- Our patients achieve after 1 year: Excess weight loss via gastric bypass (72%), success in staying on-goal (87.6%)